Monday, June 29, 2009

Cowgirl Donna

Okay let me introduce you to the people in this story so maybe you wont get lost....
Rustie(the girl who got us into this works @ Owens Farm supply)
Lonnie(the guy who gave her THE Donald's #, also works @ Owens)
Brandy & Aric (the home & property owners)
Ryan & Emmy (the people living in the barn taking care of the horses)
Billy (the guy who hangs around he is Emmy's cousin)
Donna (THE CRAZY WOMAN)




Wednesday afternoon DAY 1 this woman comes riding up on two horses and parks them on the 160 degree black top parking lot at Owens Farm Supply. She walks in and talks to Rustie, ask if she knew somewhere she could camp out for the night and needed a horsehoer. So Rustie looked outside and felt super sorry for the horses they were sweating and looked awful. So she called Brandy and Emmy and told her she could put here horses there but would need to get a hotel room. Then Lonnie told her to call THE Donald phone number so she could call to get shoes put on her horses.



So I get a phone call from THE Donald about 2 o'clock asking me if I would like to go with him after work to "shoe some crazy ladies horse"..... Well THE Donald thinks everyone is crazy so I didn't think much about it. But THE Donald comes and picks me up after work and we head out....We were suppose to pick her up at the motel (really classy motel) but Donna had been to the emergency room for her hip.... So we head over to Brandi & Aric's place and wait like 30 min. She popped out of nowhere scared me and THE Donald half to death. Ole Donna introduced herself to the pair of us and handed me a big stack of pictures of her and her horses. I wish I could explain to you the way she talked it was like backward hillbilly redneck crazy woman talk. (not to mention her false teeth that don't fit to good) So THE Donald proceeds to shoe her bay horse "TONTO", wasn't Tonto a paint? Speaking about a paint horse.... Donna then goes on to freak out a little and tells us she thinks her paint horse "JAY" (who's a girl???) is sick that there is just something wrong. Donna went to pacing and acting silly got a lunch box full of supplies and gay her two different pastes of god only knows what?? She then tells me she "Thinks Jay is colicing" I told her "Sounds like to me you need to start walking her and get some water." Well her ADD then kicked in Tonto (the horse THE Donald is shoeing) starts acting up so she opens his mouth grabs his tongue pulls it out and twists it and tells him "you better stand still or I'll whip you ass..." Well by this time Rustie had shown up and we are in the back of the truck just out of control laughing at the woman. We think she is insane!!!! So back to worrying about Jay she goes and takes off to walk him and turns to me and Rustie and Says "If Tonto acts up just kick him in the belly of grab aholt of his tongue!" Rustie and I just wink at each other and say OK Donna OK!! SO Donna takes off walkin' ole' Jay talking to herself or the horse I am not sure which one... But she walked her for about an hour then we called the vet to come out. Talk about antisocial, grouchy old man wow that was the vet. He showed up talk to Donna for a second looked over the horse told Ryan to run her in the pen to get some gas out of her. Poor Rustie tried to talk to him and I think I heard a growl. After they ran her a while and no chance the vet went to get a different medicine when he can back he injected Jay with a hardcore muscle relaxer. Although I though when a horse was colicing you were suppose to keep it moving who knows but she went down pretty fast. The poor horse was out for about an hour. By this time THE Donald was finishing up but we couldn't leave we were too involved lol. So once Jay started getting up Donna had more hope and walked her more and more circle after circle. I think we all walked this horses at some point. By this time Ryan was a little pissed off at Rustie for bringing this woman to the barn but hey what do you do Rustie didn't know the horse would get sick. By the time it started getting dark I looked at the horses gums and the were very white with means she was dehydrated and her eyes were glassy I knew this horse was gonna die. The problem was making here understand she was dying we needed to put her down because she was in pain. So at this point the vet won't answer the phone Donna is cussing him and laying over the horses crying "Take Me Not Jay" that's when I thought wow she is CRAZY!!! And in the same breath she looked up at me and Rustie and told us she had bought Jay for $100 at a horse sell. I thought to myself You got a discount that horse made it from Arcadia Fl. to Childress Tx. DANG!!! Then here comes Ryan and bluntly tells her he will shot the horse and bury it out back they already have a good hole for it. My jaw hit the ground when he said it. Well Donna just went back to crying and it took all of us another hour to convince her to just go back to her hotel room and we will take care of it. So its 10pm and everyone is here now Emmy & Ryan, Brandy, Billy, Rustie, Donald & I we have a party going lol. So Rustie takes Donna back to her hotel and Ryan goes to get the tractor. So we put the poor horse out of its misery and they guys chain her up and we take her to the back so Ryan can bury her.




Tonto , Jay, and Donna
RIP Jay (the paint horses)


Ok so now on to DAY 2 as if one wasn't bad enough... I got up and went to work just like a normal day work all day long. Rustie came in to get her hair done at about 5:30 and was texting Emmy while she was here. So Emmy tells her they are trying to find Donna a horse for less than $1000. I pick up the phone and call THE Donald because it was Thursday and he was at the sell barn working, I know there would be a bunch of old cowboys there and he could find something. THE Donald ask around and OLD MAN Glen sid he had the perfect horse for her. He had a little 4yr old sorrel mare that was broke and been ridden on the road, she was ready to go. So then I Had to call Donna and tell her. When I called her she didn't sound to excited said she couldn't calm down about Jay dying so she went to the doctor to get a muscle relaxer....this was the 2nd trip to the hospital since she got to Chidress. Rustie and I told her we would come get her and take her to Wellington about 30miles so she could look at the horses when I got done working. Rustie helped me clean up the salon and off we went to get Donna and go meet THE Donald. We finally get to OLD MAN Glen house and Donna has cryed about Jay half was there we were ready to be there. THE Donald had here saddled, ready for Donna to ride. Donna rode her round and THE Donald rode his horse next to her down the road. We cut up with OLD MAN glen for a little bit until they returned, when they did Donna was sure trying to talk OLD MAN Glen off the $800 price tag. OLD MAN Glen to her to take it up with THE Donald it was his deal. Well, let me tell you OLD MAN Glen is pushing 80yrs. old. Donna said "Oh is this your boy?" THE Donald is 23yrs. lol But OLD MAN Glen rolled with it he just said "Yep sure is" Me and Rustie had to step away we were laughing so hard I might have peed myself..... So Donna finally caved and said she had to have a horse so she bought her. THE Donald was nice enough to put her in the trailer and haul her back to town, while we hauled Donna back. She cryed on they way home too it was crazy I would have been excited to have a new horse (that was better than the dead one!!!) But we got back and she ask THE Donald to come put shoes on it the next afternoon so she could head out Saturday morning. He told her he would come about lunch time to do it.

Day 3
Donald showed up about lunch to shoe the new horse OLD MAN Glen called her "Sweetie" and Donna had packed everything and rode Tonto & Sweetie together to make sure they would get along. Donna said Sweetie has an attitude and she is kinda bitchy...(shes a mare duh!) THE Donald just shook his bead and went on to put shoes on her. She had never had shoes so Sweetie didn't act so sweet!!! But I now found out she calls her BITCH, that's nice. Donna told THE Donald she was ready to head out of town and her next stop was the town we live in. HOLY CRAP I HOPE SHE DOESN'T FIND MY HOUSE!!!

Day 4
Donna said she wanted to leave by 6(good luck with that). Rustie and I went to a meeting in Wichita that morning and left the house at 6 expecting to see her we didn't. She did not leave until like 11, crazy that's the heat of the day!!! So when Rustie and I came back home we went to check in with Donna, I had a feeling she would be camped out on the square I was right!!! Rustie did not want to stop lol, but the soft heart I have or just been nosey stopped by. I wish I would have taken a picture she had more stuff spread out all over the picnic table and all over the ground. I have no IDEA how she had all that packed on a horse. I offered to go home and get her a sandwich but she was kinda crabby about it. She told me "I don't know why everyone wants to bring me bread, I can't eat it. I got my teeth kicked out by a bull when I used to ride and these dentures just don't fit good enough to be eatin' no bread." I laughed to my self.... But she got here some fritos and a drink at the Liquor store because that is all that is in this town!!!

And that was the last I saw of Donna I heard she made it to amarillo not sure if she stettled there or kept on keepin' on but wow it was a few crazy days with COWGIRL DONNA......

1 comment:

  1. oh, dear...I saw her with her horses tied up to the fence behind Snyder Steel, and she was looking at his feet. We started to stop, but my man thought she looked crazy so we kept driving...lmao.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am outspoken...I am little country...I love dogs...I hate snakes...I like to listen to TEXAS country...Red and Turquoise are my favorite colors...Live in a town of 168...I am independant...Love to travel...Friends what would I do with out them...I am hard headed but sensitive...I love Ft.Worth but only for the weekend...The Rodeo well I could stay all day...I talk too much...I love to dance...I hate suits and ties on a man...I love pick-up trucks...I get road rage on a regular basis...I love to hang out with my family...I hate fighting...Flowers well what girl doesn't like flowers...I love to sit and watch the team ropin!!!...I would do just about anything to help just about anyone...I am too trusting...I love KIDS...I have two tatoos...I love Dragonflies...Most people either love me or hate me!!!!...Pendelton well thats my favorite drink better than crown....Las Vegas sin city I love it!...I do Hair, permanent make-up, massage, and well oh eyelash extentions...